Nagios is one of the most well-known and most often used open-source software for monitoring IT infrastructures. Nagios monitors end-user stations, IT services, as well as active network components. Its architecture is very modular and suitable for deployment in heterogeneous or *nix-based networks. There is a large and active community around Nagios that develops many additional modules or plug-ins.
|Tested FW version||Tested SW version||Date of tested||Result of Test||Note of test|
- Supported OS: *nix
- NT service/daemon: Yes
- User interface: Web client
- GUI: Device icons
- Language: EN, partially customizable
- Communication protocol: SNMP, SNMP Trap
- MIB Manager: No (however, it is a standard component of many Linux distributions)
- Alarm response:
- Local: Fully customizable, ServiceDesk collaboration, etc.
- Functions: Fully customizable