STE2 R2 is reliable environmental monitoring for remote locations. LAN & WiFi, Email alerts, SNMP monitoring or cloud service available. External RJ11 sensors (up to 5 sensor values) and On/Off detectors (2x DI - Digital Input) can be connected.
The STE2 R2 package includes a power adaptor and 3m temperature outdoor sensor for remote temperature measurement.
Sensor values are displayed via the device's web interface, in SNMP or XML API, on the Portal or HWg Monitor mobile app. Device can be connected to the network via WIFI or LAN (RJ45) with PoE power support.
- Connectivity: LAN, WiFi
- 2x RJ11 port (1W-UNI) up to 5 sensor values in total
- 2x DI (Digital input) for dry contacts
- Temperature sensor (IP67 - 3m) included in the retail package
- Power adapter (International = EU, UK, US) included in the retail package
- SMS messages & Voice Calls available with SMS-GW (external device) or Portal usage
- Product with OPEN API (SNMP, XML) SNMP, PoE (Power Over Ethernet) supported
- Default portal (optional): HWg-cloud.com (free service)
- Compatible portals: SensDesk Technology
- Mobile App: HWg Monitor (LAN or Portal connectivity)
- Remote datacenter environment monitoring & alerting
- Detection of water leakage (spot/sensing cable detector)
- Remote temperature monitoring in IT
- Remote air conditioning control (A/C unit cooling failure alert)
- Food / Drug storage (control of storage conditions, creation of HACCP logs using application software)
- Monitoring of temperature, relative humidity, electric current, CO2
Additional sensors can be connected to a second RJ11 sensor port (% RH, Cryo temperatures, CO2, VoC, 4-20mA, water flood, …). RJ11 sensors can be daisy-chained or one physical sensor can measure several values (°C + %RH + VoC = 3 values).
Up to 5 external RJ11 sensor values in total can be connected to STE2 R2.
Compatible Sensors & Detectors
- Temperature sensors (Indoor / Outdoor / Cryo)
- Calibrated temperature sensors
- Relative Humidity sensors (Indoor / Outdoor)
- CO2 & VOC sensors
- Light sensor
- AC / DC Current sensors
- AC Voltage sensor (0-230V)
- 4-20 mA sensors (converter) for industrial probes
- Water flood detector (spot detection)
- WLD (Water Leak Detection) Relay with an external sensing cable
- Airflow detector
- Door contact detector
- PIR motion detector
- Gas leak detector
- Power presence (110/230V) detector
- Vibration detector
Up to 5 external sensors (RJ11) + 2 DI detectors can be connected to the STE2 R2 device.
Setting the device
- Connect the STE2 R2 Thermometer to the network via a LAN or by using the built-in WiFi antenna.
- The device has a built-in WEB server, you will need only a standard web browser. HTTPS is also supported.
- Connect external sensors + detectors
- Define Alerts
- The device will alert you by email when the sensor value exceeds "Safe range" or the DI input is closed.
- Email can be delayed or sent periodically. STE2 R2 supports also TLS so the Gmail SMTP servers can be used.
- Use external SMS- GW3 for SMS alerts
Alarming and displaying of sensor values
When the measured temperature (Relative Humidity, Voltage, ..) on the external sensor(s) exceeds the defined Min-Max range (Safe Range), the STE2 device sends an email alert.
Email alerts from the device
- Use 3rd party SMTP server and send email alerts from the STE2 device directly.
- For long-term alerting stability be careful about using "public webmail" SMTP server like gmail.com yahoo.com and others. We do not recommend using these services, they are changing their security requirements in time and customers can simply lose alarm from the device.
- We recommend using the Portal (HWg-cloud.com for free) & send email alerts from the Portal. It's long-term and more reliable.
Alerting via external SMS Gateway
- SMS-GW3 or SMS-GW3 LTE are physical gateway devices from HW group with LAN interface.
- One SMS GW can be used for forwarding alerts from several devices on the same LAN.
- An alert can be sent as SMS or Voice call to a defined phone number.
- No portal or software is required.
Sensor values display in your pocket (on the wall): HWg Monitor
- The HWg Monitor is a Mobile App (Android or iOS) for displaying of sensor values
- Data input: LAN devices (All HWg products) / Portal user account
- All sensor values are on one screen.
- Showing preferred sensors on the widget.
Free Portal service: HWg-cloud.com
- The www.HWg-cloud.com is a free service from HW group for up to 20 devices in one user account.
- Alerting: An email alert can be sent from the portal (higher long-term reliability compared to public SMTP server)
- Alerting: Device Invalid (disconnected) alert from the portal is available
- Simple alarm escalation is available (emails only)
- Sensor value graphs are available
- Switching remote relay output based on sensor values.
- Central alerts overview & management.
Paid Portal service (Portal providers)
- SensDesk Technology portal (SaaS or On-premise)
- Email, SMS, Voice call alerts
- Multi graphs with several years of history
- User account API: SNMP or XML
- Reports (PDF)
- Multi-users accounts
- Check the Portal Providers list to find your local service provider.
Follow our application notes
- How to create a user account and add a device to SensDesk Technology portal
- Working with graphs in SensDesk.
Hwg Video Flyer about STE2 R2 monitoring device
STE2 Video manuals
To give you a closer look at how STE2 device works, we have prepared a new series of video manuals. In these videos, we will explore the STE2 r2 device in more detail.
>> View the whole STE2 R2 video manual series
>> Watch the STE2 playlist on HWg YouTube channel
Temp-1Wire IP67 (1m, 3m, 10m)
Temperature sensor with IP67 protection for general use.
SMS-GW3 LTE is a LAN gateway for sending alarm SMS from HW group devices.
Wall mount temperature and humidity sensor.
Temp 1Wire Pt1000
High precision temperature sensor -50 °C to 200 °C - ideal temperature sensor for storages, food processing, freezers, medical and laboratory environments, a
Digital temperature and humidity sensor for indoor and outdoor use.
A stainless steel temperature probe with a flat cable.
Optical Smoke Detector FDR26
Optical Smoke Detector FDR26 for smoke detection and fire alarm signalization.
PowerEgg2 detects failures of a power supply and can be also controlled with a relay.
Sensor WLD Relay 1W-UNI
A universal WLD (Water Leak Detection) sensor, with one WLD sensing cable input and 2 kind of outputs (1W-UNI sensor and relay output).
Sensor 0-20mA 1W-UNI
Converter with isolated 0-20 mA AI (Analog Input) for external source probes and RJ11 output (1W-UNI).
Detector of 110/230V voltage failure, which can be connected directly to a wall plug.
30A DC Current probe 1W-UNI
Sensor for direct measuring of DC current of up to 30A
Flood detector 1W-UNI 3m
Water flood sensor (point detection) with 1W-UNI interface.
Temp-1W-UNI Pt100 Frost
Pt-100 based low temperatures sensor with 1-Wire UNI output.