SMS-GW3 LTE is a central gateway that allows HWg devices, SensDesk portals, and third-party software/hardware to send text messages (SMS) and make voice calls alerts.
Customers with HWg monitoring devices are using one SMS-GW for alerting. Several HWg devices (LAN Thermometer / Energy monitoring) can connect to a single SMS-GW to send alarm alerts (SMS/voice calls) to different phone numbers. No extra software is needed, and it works over the local network using Box-2-Box (Peer-to-Peer) communication.
Any installation of SensDesk portal can use the SMS-GW for alerting. The gateway have to be accessible from the portal (either through a VPN or a public IP address).
3) 3th party SW to GW
For third-party (non HWg products) users, the SMS-GW can be usefule gateway for alerting through several Open API.
- HTTP GET
- netGSM (SOAP documented protocol)
- General SNMP (Write)
- Connectivity: Ethernet (10/100 Mbit/s), LTE
- LTE antenna: External 3m cable, SMA
- Internal memory for outgoing SMS queue: 100 messages
- SMS/Calls GW for all HWg devices (RME)
- SMS/Calls GW for any SNMP software
- SMS/Calls GW for any NAGIOS (plugin by NETWAYS)
- Open API: SNMP, XML, netGSM (http, SOAP)
- Supports the "SMS + Ring" function for combined SMS and ring notifications.
- Mechanical: 76 x 93 x 28 mm, wall-mountable, fits on a DIN rail
Device-to-GW: Sending SMS alerts from HWg devices over LAN
Customers with HWg monitoring devices are using one SMS-GW for alerting. No additional software or service is needed, just monitonig device + SMS GW. It's working over the local network using Box-2-Box (Peer-to-Peer) communication
- Poseidon2 4002 & SMS-GW are on the same LAN
- Telephone number of Mr. Blue is defined in the web gui of Poseidon2 4002 (same as SMS-GW IP address).
- Poseidon2 4002 sends an alarm message about a sensor value to Mr. Blue's phone number via SMS-GW over the LAN.
Alerting use the Device-2-GW mode, no software or portal service is needed. It's part of RME (Remote Monitoring Ecosystem)
- SMS-GW3 LTE contains a SIM card and sends cell message alerts (Ring + SMS) on behalf of all devices in the network.
- One SMS-GW device can be used by several device on the LAN, each device can alert to different recipients (Mt. Green or Blue).
- Message recipients' phone numbers (Mr. Blue, Mr. Green, ...) are configured in the sending device.
- Together with the text message, it is also possible to Ring (Voice call) the recipient and let the phone ring for a short time (configured in the sending device).
Portal-to-GW: Sending SMS alerts from the Portal
Any installation of SensDesk portal (SaaS / On-premise) can use the SMS-GW for alerting. The gateway have to be accessible from the portal (either through a VPN or a public IP address).
- Any Portal (based on SensDesk Technology) can use the SMS-GW device for sending alerts (Ring + SMS).
- The SMS-GW have to be accessible from the Portal (same LAN / Public IP / VPN)
- One SMS-GW (SIM card / phone number) can be alerting to several recipients (telephone numbers) from several Teams (company accounts) in the Portal.
- All HWg devices are connected to the Portal, based on conditions defined on the Portal are send alert via the SMS-GW.
- Alerting via Portal is more reliable due possibility of Device Invalid Alert (device is disconnected from the Portal cca 60 min)
- Recipients' phone numbers (Mr. Purple, Mr. Green) are configured in the Portal.
3th party SW to GW
- Using netGSM (SOAP - HTTP POST)
- Using HTTP GET
- Using the SNMP Write function
>> Application note - How to send SMS via HWg-SMS-GW3
Nagios SMS alerts
- Nagios NMS monitors other devices using SNMP.
- In the Nagios system, a plugin enables SMS alerts over SMS-GW3 LTE gateway.
- The plugin configuration includes the phone numbers of text message alert recipients.
- The NAGIOS plugin was created in cooperation with Netways (MonitoringExchange: notify-poseidon-sms.pl).
|SMS-GW3 GSM||SMS-GW3 LTE|
|FDD LTE bands: B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20
WCDMA bands: B1/B5/B8
|Sending SMS from the web||Yes||Yes|
|Open API - netGSM (SOAP - HTTP Post)||Yes||Yes|
|Open API - SNMP write||Yes||Yes|
|HWg devices: Poseidon2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|HWg devices: Damocles2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|HWg devices: WLD2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|HWg devices: STE2 family||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|HWg devices: HWg-PWR||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|SMS + Call from SensDesk.com
(Device on fixed IP required)
Plugin for sending SMS from
WiFi and Ethernet, PoE available, temperature and humidity sensor with digital inputs. Up to 5 sensors of any RJ11 type.
WLD2 is a WiFi / Ethernet water leak detector with support for WWW, SNMP and PoE. To detect leaking liquids, it uses 4 sensing cables
The "UPS 12V and 5V" is a backup power source for devices with 12V as well as 5V DC power supply which can be powered by the UPS simultaneously.
Secure solution for remote environment monitoring and control of outputs.
Cost-effective model for remote monitoring of sensors and detectors.
Industrial I/O with enhanced IP security and OC connectors.
The HWg-PWR captures data from external meters on the M-Bus and makes it accessible via Ethernet.
A mounting kit for installing HWg devices to a DIN rail.
Rack (cabinet) mount plate, 1U montage for HWg-Ares and Poseidon2 devices
Mount support for HWg-Ares and Poseidon2