SMS-GW3 LTE is a central text message (SMS) gateway that HWg devices and applications in the same network can use to dial numbers or send SMS alerts.
Each device can send its alarm messages to different phone numbers. SMS-GW3 LTE is a LAN gateway for sending alarm SMS from HW group devices.
Alarm messages can be sent from any HW group monitoring unit. No additional software needed, works over LAN on the Box-2-Box (Peer-to-Peer) level.
- Ethernet: 10/100 Mbit/s, LTE
- Connected via LTE and GSM/GPRS. List of APN available worldwide
- GSM antenna: External 3m cable, SMA
- Can be used to send SMS from the following software and services: HWg-Trigger software, HWg-DCD software, Nagios monitoring software (Netways: notify-poseidon-sms.pl), www.SensDesk.com online service
- M2M communication protocols: SNMP, XML, netGSM (http, SOAP)
- Internal memory for outgoing SMS queue: 100 messages
- Support for programmers: HWg-SDK
- Mechanical: 76 x 93 x 28 mm, wall-mountable, fits on a DIN rail
- One SMS gateway for entire network with web-based configuration.
- No additional software needed in order to send text messages.
- SMS recipient's phone number is configured in the sending device.
- Supports a “SMS + Ring” function.
- Connection for external antenna.
- Quad-Band GSM.
- Examples for programmers available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual C, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more).
- LTE connection
Sending SMS alerts from Poseidon units over the LAN
- Poseidon2 4002 sends an alarm message about a sensor value to Mr. Blue's phone number.
- Using the Box-2-Box mode, it connects directly to the SMS-GW3 LTE (no software is needed).
- SMS-GW3 LTE contains a SIM card and sends cell message alerts on behalf of all devices in the network.
- Message recipients' phone numbers (Mr. Blue, Mr. Green, ...) are configured in the sending device.
- Together with the text message, it is also possible to call the recipient and let the phone ring for a short time (configured in the sending device).
HWg-Trigger: Monitoring software with SMS alarms over SMS-GW3 LTE
- HWg-Trigger, an application for MS Windows, monitors the function of other products (Poseidon2 3266, HWg-STE Push, Damocles 1208, Poseidon 4002) over the LAN.
- If a product is inaccessible or fails, a SMS alert is sent using SMS-GW3 LTE in the same LAN.
- Recipients' phone numbers (Mr. Purple, Mr. Green) are configured in HWg-Trigger.
- SMS-GW3 LTE contains a SIM card and sends text message alarms to different phone numbers.
Alerts to events: HWg-Trigger
HWg-Trigger software allows reacting to events. For instance, “If the device at the address X does not work, do Y”. The software runs on Windows in the background and keeps checking the configured conditions.
- Monitors IP sensors in the LAN: sends a SMS if a sensor is disconnected
- Monitors IP sensors in the LAN: sends a SMS in case of device failure
- Monitors IP sensors in the LAN: sends a SMS in case of sensor value out of Safe Range
- 30-day trial version is free of charge
- Runs in the background as a Windows service (NT service)
Nagios SMS alerts
- Nagios NMS monitors other devices using SNMP.
- In the Nagios system, a plugin enables SMS alerts over SMS-GW3 LTE gateway.
- The plugin configuration includes the phone numbers of text message alert recipients.
- For details about obtaining and using the Nagios plugin, see the product manual.
- The plugin was created in cooperation with Netways (MonitoringExchange: notify-poseidon-sms.pl).
SMS alerts from the SensDesk.com online portal
- LAN and GSM sensors (HWg-STE Push and Ares 12) send data to the SensDesk.com online portal.
- Your user account includes the IP address or DNS name of your HWg-SMS-GW (must be accessible at a public IP address).
- The configuration of each sensor in your SensDesk account can include a phone number for alarm messages.
Ares 12 sends the alert to an out-of-range sensor value faster than the SensDesk portal; however, SensDesk allows to monitor and configure all alarms over the Web at a single place. In addition, SensDesk also monitors the network connectivity of Ares units, so it can for instance alert to an Ares unit's network connection failure.
|SMS-GW3 GSM||SMS-GW3 LTE|
|FDD LTE bands: B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20
WCDMA bands: B1/B5/B8
|Sending SMS from the web||Yes||Yes|
|Open API - netGSM (SOAP - HTTP Post)||Yes||Yes|
|Open API - SNMP write||Yes||Yes|
|Poseidon2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|Damocles2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|WLD2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|STE2||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|HWg-PWR||SMS+ Calls||SMS+ Calls|
|SMS + Call from SensDesk.com
(Device on fixed IP required)
Plugin for sending SMS from
WiFi and Ethernet, PoE available, temperature and humidity sensor with digital inputs. Up to 5 sensors of any RJ11 type.
WLD2 is a WiFi / Ethernet water leak detector with support for WWW, SNMP and PoE. To detect leaking liquids, it uses 4 sensing cables
The "UPS 12V and 5V" is a backup power source for devices with 12V as well as 5V DC power supply which can be powered by the UPS simultaneously.
Secure solution for remote environment monitoring and control of outputs.
Cost-effective model for remote monitoring of sensors and detectors.
Industrial I/O with enhanced IP security and OC connectors.
The HWg-PWR captures data from external meters on the M-Bus and makes it accessible via Ethernet.