STE2 r2 can connect up to 5 Sensors (5 sensor values) via 2x RJ11 port (1-Wire & 1-Wire UNI) and up to 2 Detectors via DI (Digital Inputs) for dry contacts.
A built-in web server is used for device configuration. STE2 r2 is a device with SNMP support designated for remote monitoring Temperature, Relative Humidity, and other external sensors.
The device can be connected via Ethernet or WiFi. When the measured temperature (humidity, voltage, ..) on the external sensor(s) exceeds the defined Min-Max range (Safe Range), STE2 r2 sends an email alert ( or SMS, or Voice Call). In the device configuration, there is the Alarms tab, where you can define up to 3 sets of targets and assign them to individual sensors.
STE2 r2 is Standalone Monitoring device, which means the device can be fully configured via the web, can send emails itself (SMTP server), supports SNMP, etc. The connection of the device to the Portal (SensDesk Technology) is possible but is not enabled by default. The portal has to be manually activated as a functional extension (central device management, data history, SMS, and Voice Call alerts). The manufacturer provides limited free of charge portal service (HWg-cloud.com) and paid service (SensDesk.com), check the Portal providers for other available portals.
The STE2 r2 package includes a universal power adaptor. The device can be also powered from the PoE. One temperature sensor is also included.
It is supplied with free HWg-PDMS windows software to create graphs and export data to MS Excel.
Mobile App HWg monitor (IOs & Android) display current sensor values from devices on the LAN (WiFi) together with sensor values from the SensDesk Technology portal.
- Up to 5 sensors (1-Wire + 1-Wire UNI) and 2 DI (Digital Inputs) for Detectors
- Alarm alerts by e-mail and text messages (SMS), STE2 r2 includes the option to dial the target number (requires external gateway)
- M2M communication protocols: SNMP, XML, WWW interface with HTTP(s)
- Connected via LAN and WiFi (built-in antenna) - simultaneous connection possible.
- NMS connectivity (SNMP MIB); simple installation; supports DHCP; supports TLS authentication (Gmail).
- A sensor or DI alarm sends an alert by e-mail, SMS or Ring.For Ring or SMS alarm use the HWg-SMS-GW3 gateway in the same LAN.
- SensDesk portal compatible device (IoT projects)
- Powered from included external 5V power adaptor or PoE.
- With the enclosed HWg-PDMS software, logged data can be exported to MS Excel.
- Compatible with a range of third party SW. Examples for programmers on using the product are available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more).
- Air conditioning failure detection
- Monitoring of refrigerator or freezers
- Drug storage + reports (by SensDesk)
- Food storage
- Remote industrial environment monitoring
- Temperature and humidity monitoring
- CO2 monitoring
- Water Flood detection (spot detection / Water Leak Detection sensing cable)
- Electrical current monitoring
Compatible Sensors & Detectors
- Temperature sensors (Indoor / Outdoor / Cryo)
- Calibrated temperature sensors
- Relative Humidity sensors (Indoor / Outdoor)
- CO2 & VOC sensors
- Light sensor
- AC / DC Current sensors
- AC Voltage sensor (0-230V)
- 4-20 mA sensors (converter) for industrial probes
- Water flood detector (spot detection)
- WLD (Water Leak Detection) Relay with an external sensing cable
- Airflow detector
- Door contact detector
- PIR motion detector
- Gas leak detector
- Power presence (110/230V) detector
- Vibration detector
Up to 5 external sensors (RJ11) + 2 DI detectors can be connected to the STE2 r2 device.
Follow everything online
Setting the device
- Connect the STE2 r2 Thermometer to the network via a LAN or by using the built-in WiFi antenna.
- The device has a built-in WEB server, you will need only a standard web browser. HTTPS is also supported.
- Connect external sensors + detectors
- Define Alerts
- The device will alert you by email when the sensor value exceeds "Safe range" or the DI input is closed.
- Email can be delayed or sent periodically. STE2 r2 supports also TLS so the Gmail SMTP servers can be used.
- Use external SMS- GW3 for SMS alerts
SensDesk Technology Portal
- SensDesk portal offers simple configuration, central device management, and tools for remote overview of sensors
- SensDesk portal will alert you even for STE2 devices disconnected from the internet.
- SensDesk portal is able to send alerts (e-mail, SMS, Voice Calls), show graphs, create reports, store historical data, connect data via open API...
Sensor values in graphs & reports
SensDesk Technology portal shows sensor value graphs and alerts you when the STE2 device is not working or any sensor is out of defined limits. For an example of working with charts in SensDesk, see the application note.
Windows application for collecting data from sensors and inputs over GSM (HWg-Ares) and LAN (Poseidon, Damocles, HWg-STE, HWg-PWR).
SMS-GW3 LTE is a LAN gateway for sending alarm SMS from HW group devices.
High precision temperature sensor -50 °C to 200 °C - ideal temperature sensor for storages, food processing, freezers, medical and laboratory environments, a
Temperature sensor (-10°C to +80°C)
Digital temperature and humidity sensor for indoor and outdoor use.
A stainless steel temperature probe with a flat cable.
Optical Smoke Detector FDR26 for smoke detection and fire alarm signalization.
PowerEgg2 detects failures of a power supply and can be also controlled with a relay.
A universal WLD (Water Leak Detection) sensor, with one WLD sensing cable input and 2 kind of outputs (1W-UNI sensor and relay output).
Converter with isolated 0-20 mA AI (Analog Input) for external source probes and RJ11 output (1W-UNI).
Detector of 110/230V voltage failure, which can be connected directly to a wall plug.
Sensor for direct measuring of DC current of up to 30A
Water flood sensor (point detection) with 1W-UNI interface.
Pt-100 based low temperatures sensor with 1-Wire UNI output.
T-Box hub connects sensors over 1-Wire bus to Poseidon2 a nd Ares10/12 family units