A universal water flood sensor detects flood occurrence by soak-detecting cable. Soaking or interrupting of cable cause the switching of relay contact (NO/NC). Sensing cable detects a small quantity of water or other liquid. The „WLD sensing cable A“ is supplied in length from 0,4 to 85 m. It can be connected with an extension cable with up to 100 m length.
Sensor WLD Relay can be used separately with 12V power supply and relay output or as a sensor with Poseidon 2 connected via 1Wire UNI bus.
- Universal water detector for use with Poseidon, Damocles, Ares or HWg-STE plus units
- Sensor WLD Relay 1W-UNI can be connected as a detector through its digital output or as a sensor via 1Wire UNI bus
- Connected detection cable can be prolonged to up to 85 meters of sensing part
- Soaked detection cables can be dried and reused
- Water leak detector for security systems
- Water detection under raised floors
- Leaky pipe detection (cable wrapped along the pipe)
- Protection against floods from roof lights (sensing cable routed along the walls)
- Detection of water leaks in drip trays
- Detection of water leaks under air-conditioning outlets
Sensor WLD Relay 1W-UNIdetects water, ethylene glycol or other conductive liquid anywhere along the length of the connected sensing cable. A water leak or cable disconnection is indicated by activating a relay (NO/NC) or the sensor can be connected to a Poseidon unit via 1-Wire UNI bus (RJ11).
The connected cable can be prolonged to up to 85m of detection part and 100m of prolonging cable (185m in total) using the following components:
- Connection cable
- Water sensing cable WLD - 2m
- Water sensing cable WLD - 10m
- Water sensing cable WLD - 50m
- Prolong cable - 5m
|Water flood detection||Output||Power||WEB
|1D flood detection||2D area flood detection||LAN||1-Wire UNI (RJ11)||Relay (NO/NC)|
|HWg-WLD PoE||Power Adaptor +
PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
|HWg-WLD Relay||12V / -|
|Flood detector 1W-UNI 3m||-|
|Flood detector LD-12||(OC)||12V|
2D area flood detection requires the installation of a detection cable in a place where water will likely be located after leakages from various sources of flooding (cracked water pipes, glycol from the cooling system, wastewater).
HW group offers several products that provide ideal solutions for flood and water leak detection.
See the table below and discover the best solution for your situation:
Max length of WLD sensing detection cable
Max length of WLD extension cable
Connection to the SensDesk Portal
Alert for broken LAN / WiFi connection
|SensDesk / HWg-Trigger||SensDesk|
1Wire-UNI output (RJ11)
Flood / torn cable indication
It works with remote relay
|Poseidon2 / Damocles||SensDesk|
2m connection cable for connecting HWg-WLD with WLD - A cable.
Prolong non-sensitive cable 5m for WLD type A. Can be extended to up to 100m in total.
Water leak detection cable A - 2+2m for use with HWg-WLD and HWg-WLD Relay.
Water leak detection cable A - 2+50m for use with HWg-WLD and HWg-WLD Relay.
Simple sensor o flooding or water level detects water amont 4 points on detector body