Zabbix is an interesting and well-known open-source software for IT infrastructure monitoring.
- License: Open source
- Estimated price: Free, as long as you comply with license conditions
- Supported OS: *nix
- NT service/daemon: Yes
- User interface: Web client
- GUI: Device icons, text
- Language: EN, partially customizable
- Communication protocol: SNMP, SNMP Trap
- MIB Manager: No (however, it is a standard component of many Linux distributions)
- Alarm response:
Zabbix is an intuitive and user-friendly system intended for monitoring of end-user workstations, IT services and active network components. It provides many interesting graphs and reports.
- SW version: Zabbix 1.4, Fedora 7 i386
- Hardware: Poseidon 3268, firmware ver. 3.0.3
- Communication: SNMP
- Tested functions: Adding a device, displaying values, graphing historic data