STE2 is a simple device that monitors temperature and humidity using external sensors, supports SNMP, and connects to the Internet over Ethernet or WiFi. Revision 2 of the popular product now comes with new features.
The HW group STE2 monitoring device with WiFi and Ethernet has been around for more than 4 years now. Thanks to over 13 000 units sold, it has gained a strong foothold in the market, and with rising demand it is appropriate to keep it up to date with the latest technology. STE2 R2 is not a revolution, but it does add a few useful features, as a compensation for the loss of backward firmware compatibility.
The most visible differences between the STE2 R2 and the first generation include HTTPS support, more modern web design, reworked method of setting targets for SMS and e-mails, and the ability to configure sensor safe ranges remotely from the SensDesk.com or remote portals. Under the hood, the platform has been changed completely. The new STE2 R2 features better WiFi reception, it is overall faster, and ready to meet increasing security requirements.
- Monitoring over Ethernet and WiFi
- Supports up to four 1-Wire sensors from the HW group portfolio
- 2 digital inputs for dry contact detectors
- Alarm alerts by e-mail and text messages (SMS), including the option to dial the target number (requires external gateway)
- Concise WWW interface (HTTP as well as HTTPs), where safe ranges for sensors can be configured
- Support for SNMP v1 to integrate with NMS systems
- Can be connected to a central portal – SensDesk
- 5V or PoE power input
- Modern design