The SD-4-20mA is a remote 1x AI (Analog Input) for an external 4-20mA / 0-20mA probe to the Portal. Analog Input with 4-20 mA is the most popular interface for external industrial sensors.
Many industrial probes with the 4-20mA (0-20mA) analog interface can be found on the public market.
LAN connectivity can be provided by Ethernet or WiFi. The SD-4-20mA is an IoT monitoring kind of product from HW group. It means it must be connected to the portal (SensDesk Technology based).
The SD-4-20mA provides an embedded WEB server (WiFi setup, current loop 4-20 mA or 0-20 mA configuration)
- Device installation is fast & easy even for “Junior users”.
- Power for 4-20 current loop is provided by the SD-4-20mA (the device is powered from external power 5V or from PoE).
- Portal can alert the user by email if the 4-20mA probe is disconnected.
- The HWg Monitor mobile App can show you all sensor values in your portal account
- Portal can alert users when the device is not powered or there is a cable failure.
- SMS, Voice call alerts, or PDF reports can be used with paid portal services.
View short video about product
Portal is required
All IoT Monitoring Devices have to be connected to any SensDesk Technology-based portal (SaaS) in order to work properly.
The SensDesk Technology is a portal solution from the HW group to manage remote sensors and devices (only for HW group products). Portals offer a central overview of all the values and provide a variable combination of features like sending the alarms, reporting, history records, outputs into the Open API, etc.
There are several portals available. The manufacturer provides HWg-cloud.com and SensDesk.com, 3rd party companies provide more than 10 other portals. Users can migrate the device between any available SensDesk Technology portals.