Ethernet is known mainly as a standard computer network. For IoT is overlooked, because for many people, IoT is a matter of wireless. But a wireless solution brings issues of signal strength, interference, noise, radio standard compatibility and security. Why HW group produce mainly Ethernet based solutions?
HW group produces IoT products for environmental monitoring, energy consumption monitoring and industrial applications. Poseidon2, Damocles2, and STE2, the industry-leading environmental monitoring products, use the wire-based Ethernet and Wi-Fi standards that are most suitable for the industrial environment.
For mobile applications or technologies, where standard Ethernet is not available, we designed the ARES product line with GSM / GPRS connectivity, and also the LTE, which offers the same features with higher bit rate.
The HW group solutions has a number of common features:
- Immediate availability of measured data in applications
- Warning and alarm functions
- Deployment of devices in IT infrastructure and industry
- High level of data security
- Support for a wide range of software applications and platforms
- Remote control and management of devices
These features require a reliable, stable connection with a high level of security of transport and communications services, which today provide especially standards derived from Ethernet.
Solutions for monitoring and control of many applications:
- Industrial condition monitoring
- M2M systems
- Energy consumption
- IT infrastructure
Usage of standard and secured networks and protocols
- Ethernet, WiFi, GSM/GPRS, LTE, NB-IoT
- High reliable and secure standards HTPPS, SSL, SNMP, MQTT,
Broad software platform
- E-mail reporting for easy apps
- Desktop data logging and monitoring applications
- SensDesk cloud portal
- Mobile applications
- 3rd party software support
NB-IoT is coming
HW Group prepares IoT products based on NB-IoT- LTE cat.M1 for 2019, their application deployment is still assumed in the industry. The main advantage of this technology is relation to standard mobile networks where stable traffic and duplex communication can be expected without the need to use the cloud storage of the operator. Customer can choose cloud storage to use. The NB-IoT- LTE deployment is delayed, in particular, by slow network expansion and indecisive pricing policy of operators.