From 28.2.2022 it will be not possible to keep using the SensDesk.com portal free of charge. Customers who have free account on SensDesk.com have to buy one of three subscription plans or have to migrate their devices to another portal.
You can find all your options and what to do in this article.
Current users of SensDesk.com have these options:
1) Buy the SensDesk.com subscription
Subscription plan from HWg distributor
The customer can choose 1 from 3 subscription plans and order it from his HWg distributor. Customers are going to get new features (SMS, Calls, Reports, Graphs) and keep all settings & data.
A list of all distributors is to be found here. Customers can contact their distributor and ask for a subscription plan.
Subscription plan from shop.sensdesk.com
For customers in countries without regular HWg distributors. Customers can choose from 3 subscription plans and order it from shop.sensdesk.com.
The prices of subscription and detailed features are as follows:
|Device limit (?)||5||10||25||custom|
|Users limit (?)||1||2||3||custom|
|SMS Alerts(?) & Phone calls(?)||40||75||100||custom|
|Log DB [days] (?)||30||365||365||custom|
|PDF reports (?)||1||2||5||custom|
|Open API (SNMP,XML) (?)||yes||yes||yes||custom|
|Price/year (?)||144€||468€||1 188€||sensdesk [at] sensdesk [dot] com (subject: Order%20Premium%20SensDesk%20services) (Ask for your price)|
Find product detailed description here.
2) Migrate to another portal provider (SensDesk.nl for example)
Several portal providers are running their own portal based on SensDesk Technology. Most of them are local HW group distributors. These independent service providers provide SensDesk Technology-based services in their local markets.
3rd party providers are located in following coutries:
|Czech Republic||HWportal.cz||HW server s.r.o|
|Romania||SensDesk.ro||Sincro Systems s.r.l|
These portals are provided by HW group partners who are local and offer a various mix of free and paid services. This is the best option for customers from regions with a local portal provider. You can find detailed information about your possibilities on providers' websites that you can find in the table above.
3) Migrate devices to free HWg-cloud.com
If you don´t need paid portal www.SensDesk.com, the manufacturer provides a new free-of-charge portal www.HWg-cloud.com with limited features and functions. Customers can create a new account on hwg-cloud.com and migrate their currently connected devices from SensDesk.com. It takes 30 seconds per device.
Historical data and alarm setup will be lost. However, there can be up to 20 devices within one account for free.
You can find the product detailed description here.
Limitations of free service HWg-cloud.com
HW group is a hardware manufacturer, not a business with dirty tactics such as offering free service today but forcing you to buy a new device tomorrow. HWg-cloud.com is a free service by HWg with these limitations:
- Only 1 account, maximum of 20 devices
- Basic device management
- Simple Graphs (history of 10 days only)
- Email alerts (2 targets only)
- No SMS, Calls
- No PDF, CSV reports
- No Open API (SNMP or XML)
How to migrate your devices to HWg-cloud.com
The migration of your current devices takes just 30 seconds per device.
Here is YouTube video on how to do that:
What is the difference between SensDesk.com and HWg-cloud.com?
Still unsure what portal is the right option for you?
Why should customers pay for SensDesk.com?
1) SensDesk.com can alert you by SMS or Voice call to your mobile phone in the case of Alarm. If the time is critical, every second counts.
2) The SensDesk.com service price is about 15% of the hardware costs per year.
3) SensDesk.com can report in PDF (CSV) periodically. Report for pharmaceutical / other production (HACCP). Report you can print & click the invoice for your customer (demonstration of service).
4) More Dashboards and Multigraphs can help you to visualize quickly what’s wrong. You can have 2 years of data history, so you can compare historical data easily.
5) Open API: Connect data from SensDesk.com to any other system (XML or SNMP protocols).
6) Our support team is made up of real people, we support hardware & service together.
What will happen to the current customers who are using SensDesk.com?
There will be paid accounts only on SensDesk.com from 28.2.2022.
Customers can migrate their currently connected devices to another SensDesk Technology-based portal.
- Global paid service: www.SensDesk.com
- Global free service by manufacture: www.HWg-cloud.com
- Lokal Service from Portal Providers:
- Austria: SensDesk.at
- Belgium: SensDesk.mcs-nl.com
- Czech Republic: HWportal.cz
- France: SensDesk.fr
- Netherlands: SensDesk.mcs-nl.com
- Luxembourg: SensDesk.mcs-nl.com
- Romania: ensDesk.ro
- Latvia: Sensdesk.lv
- Greece: SensDesk.gr
- Slovenia: SensDesk.loop.si
Will the accounts be automatically migrated to the HWg-cloud?
No, it’s up to the customer.
HW group prefers customers to migrate to portals from their local providers if there is one or stay on SensDesk.com and start paying for one of the subscriptions.
Accounts that stay on SensDesk.com without a subscription will be deleted.
Will the device’s function be somehow affected if the device stops using the portal?
No, if it’s a standalone device (sending email via SMTP server + showing graphs via SNMP for example) it will continue working. You will only lose central portal features.
HW group s.r.o company has changed its policy of the portal www.SensDesk.com and www.HWg-cloud.com services. Free accounts on SensDesk.com (based on old Terms & conditions) will stay running up to 28.2.2022.