NB-2x1Wire is a simple to install IoT device for remote monitoring Temperature, Humidity, Voltage, Light, CO2, VoC and other external sensors. Device is connected to the portal via NB-IoT network. 3 years prepaid NB-IoT simcard is included in the "subscribed" device version.
- Device is powered by an internal battery with up to 3 years of a lifetime or from external power supply.
- External 1-Wire sensors can be connected to 2x RJ11 port, up to 4 sensor values in total (sensors are powered from the battery).
- Device have to be installed on location covered by NB-IoT (Narrowband IoT) network.
- The NB device has to be connected to the portal based on SensDesk Technology. Portal is mandatory for device management, remote setup and remote monitoring.
- HWg Monitor and SensDesk Mobile.are 2 different Mobile Apps to display all sensors (values) from your user account on the portal.
- 2 ports for external sensors (Temperature, Voltage, Current, ..)
- NB-IoT (Narrowband IoT) cellular connectivity, global roaming available
- NB-IoT simcard is included in the "subscribed" version - 3 years connectivity prepaid
- Ext. Power adaptor 5V / Internal battery (up to 3 years lifetime)
- Fast & simple installation on the site (Junior only)
- Portal for device management required (HWg-cloud.com as default)
- Free portal service (HWg-cloud.com) for up to 20 devices available
- Paid portal services available (any SensDesk Technology portal)
- Metal housing, DIN and rack mount available
- Temperature monitoring / Air Conditioning failure detection
- Construction sites: Temperature / Humidity / Water detection remote monitoring
- HVAC monitoring / optimization
- Food production / storage
- Pharmaceutical production / storage
- Temperature sensors (Indoor / Outdoor / Cryo)
- Calibrated temperature sensors
- Relative Humidity sensors (Indoor / Outdoor)
- CO2 & VOC sensors
- Light sensor
- AC / DC Current sensors
- AC Voltage (0-230V) sensor
- 4-20 mA sensors (converter) for industrial probes
- Water flood detector (spot detection)
- WLD (Water Leak Detection) Relay with an external sensing cable
NB-IoT network connectivity
- NB-IoT (NarrowBand IoT) cellular network is operated by standard mobile operators, but it's a different technology than GSM, LTE, or Cat-M1.
- Benefit of the NB-IoT technology is the low power consumption of the device, so devices can be operated for months & years from the battery.
Prepaid NB-IoT SIM card included
The most popular "subscribed" package contains 3 years prepaid NB IoT SIM card preconfigured by HW group company. Connectivity is provided by Vodafone global, the device can be used in most countries. The default preconfigured portal is HWg-cloud.com for remote device management & configuration. Devices can be migrated to any other SensDesk Technology portal.
3rd party SIM card for NB-IoT
You can use your own sim card for NB-IoT network connectivity. But! Don´t forget that:
- it's different technology & frequencies than LTE. You really have to use NB-IoT Simcard
- Devices have to be specifically configured for your own sim card, contact us before you purchase it
- Data can be delivered to your own hosted installation of the SensDesk portal. It's recommended for projects with 200+ devices. Contact us for details.
Portal is required
All IoT Monitoring Devices have to be connected to any SensDesk Technology-based portal (SaaS) in order to work properly.
The SensDesk Technology is a portal solution from the HW group to manage remote sensors and devices (only for HW group products). Portals offer a central overview of all the values and provide a variable combination of features like sending the alarms, reporting, history records, outputs into the Open API, etc.
There are several portals available. The manufacturer provides HWg-cloud.com and SensDesk.com, 3rd party companies provide more than 10 other portals. Users can migrate the device between any available SensDesk Technology portals.
HWg-cloud.com: Limited & Free portal
- the default pre-configured portal option
- provided by the device manufacturer
- sends email alerts and offers basic remote device management
- advanced features of SensDesk Technology are not available
- You can migrate your devices from HWg-cloud.com to any other SensDesk Technology portal at any time
SensDesk.com: Paid portal service with advanced features
- Several subscription plan options
- SMS / Voice call alerts to any mobile phone
- Graphs / MultiGraphs (data history)
- PDF reports
- Email alerts/alarm escalation
- History log
- Open API: All sensor values are available via XML / SNMP protocols
Local portals by Portal providers
- portals based on SensDesk Technology ran by 3rd party providers
- local languages and support
- various mix of free/paid services
- various commercial names
Why do you need a portal?
- Using the portal makes the IoT monitoring devices easy to install even by junior local staff. To install the IoT devices you don´t need any experts on the site.
- The portal can then send alerts, provides remote device management. Portal is one place with all your sensors & graphs overview, reporting, Open API, ...
- Even the defaul free of charge version of the portal (Hwg-cloud.com) can alert you by email when device disconnected / sensor value alarm.
- Price of the SensDesk.com portal service is around 15 % of the hardware cost per year.
All your sensors are in your pocket 24/7
You can have a display with all your sensor values in your pocket with you 24/7. Check HWg Monitor mobile app. The app can be running on your phone, on the Android TV, or on the Tablet installed on the wall.
SensDesk.com can immediately alert you by SMS or Voice call to your mobile phone in the case of an Alarm situation. If the time is critical, every second counts. The immediate reaction to an alarming situation can be also responded to by closing/opening a remote relay output, which can for example turn on a siren. Quick alerts lower the risk of costly damages in case of an Alarm. Alerts from the portal can escalate to higher intensity or to another person if the problem persists.
Sensor values in Multigraphs
Multigraphs can display multiple sensor values from different kinds of sensors in one graph. That offers a situation overview of a remote site, significant fluctuance of sensor values is visible at first sight. It is popular for comparing time events. SensDesk.com system is also showing sensor value graphs that alert you when the device is not working or any sensor is out of defined limits.
For an example of working with charts in SensDesk, see the application note.
You can easily create comprehensible reports with graphical representations of sensor values in one or in a number of locations. You can create reports in PDF (CSV) periodically. Reports can be printed & clicked to the invoice for your customer. Reports for pharmaceutical / other production (HACCP) are possible.
Thanks to the history log you can easily compare your historical data.
You can connect the data from SensDesk.com to any other system. Portal user account (all connected sensors) is accessible by Open API (SNMP, XML).
- A list of all the sensors / current values can be downloaded in XML format (HTTP get).
- All the values can be read via SNMP v1 / v3 protocol.
The number of Dashboards, Multigraphs and Reports is limited by the subscription plan as well as the length of the history log, check the plans: www.sensdesk.com
Wall mount temperature and humidity sensor.
Water flood sensor (point detection) with 1W-UNI interface.
Sensor for direct measuring of DC current of up to 30A
Electrically isolated voltage sensor for up to 60VDC with 1Wire-UNI output.
Temperature sensor (-10°C to +80°C)
Temperature sensor with IP67 protection for general use.
Combined temperature and humidity probe for IT environment.
High precision temperature sensor -50 °C to 200 °C - ideal temperature sensor for storages, food processing, freezers, medical and laboratory environments, a
Humidity probe (0 - 100% RH) designed for IT environment.
Simple light intensity sensor for indoor use. The sensor is designed for use with Poseidon and Ares devices via 1-Wire UNI bus (RJ11).
Digital temperature and humidity sensor for indoor and outdoor use.