I/O Controller 2 connects a full RS-232/485 serial port and a set of eight digital inputs and eight digital outputs to the Ethernet. I/O Controller 2 features a truly full RS-232 serial port (9-pin). The serial port of the unit can be connected to a PC over the LAN, with the serial port accessible in Windows as a Virtual Serial Port (VSP). Its digital inputs and outputs can be controlled over the Web or through Modbus/TCP.
A built in web server is used for configuring. Using the free HW VSP3 application up to 100 remote serial ports can be connected to one PC.
Two devices can be connected in Box-2-Box mode. In this mode, the digital I/O as well as the RS232/485 serial line is extended (tunneled) over the LAN.
- 1x full serial port RS-232/485 with 9-bit communication support
- 8x Digital Input (for Dry contacts, switches, or 5-20V DC)
- 8x Digital Output (Output Collector)
- M2M communication protocols: http, Telnet, TCP Server, TCP Client/Server.
- Connected via LAN. Configuration via built-in web server, Telnet.
- Full RS-232 serial port (9 pins: RxD, TxD, GND, CTS, RTS, DSR, DTR, RI, CD).
- RS-485 serial interface: up to 115,200 Bd.
- Free SW HW VSP3 : Virtual Serial Port for Windows (NT service, x64 systems). Supports up to 100 remote serial ports.
- Compatible with a range of third party SW. Examples for programmers on using the product are available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more).
Applications and usage:
- Link up to eight buttons / switches with a SW application.
- Connect your RS-232 devices to your LAN – barcode / RFID scanners, serial printers, displays.
- The outputs can, for example, open a door, turn on a horn, or disconnect power – remotely over the network.
- I/O can be controlled over Modbus/TCP from any SCADA system, independently of the serial line
- Remote control of power and other technology over RS-232 and RS-485
- Remote control of displays and signal lights
- Remote status checks of PIR sensors, door contacts and security systems
- Card readers, RFID
- Vending machines
- Security alarms
- Access control systems
- UPS control and logging devices
- Barcode scanners