HWg-SH2 is an IP-based remote cabinet door access control system. Front and rear doors of one cabinet (rack) can be controlled by one HWg-SH2 unit.
The HWg-SH2 is an IP lock control solution for various electronic locks. It is typically used with HWg-SH1 (H3-EM Electronic Locking SwingHandle by Southco) for cabinet door control.
- HWg-DCD: Access control (remote control of rack doors) for data centers
- HWg-Event Viewer: SysLog messages collector. Easily manages centralized report collection from many standalone devices.
>> Third-party SNMP software
(HP OpenView, IBM Tivoli, Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, Monitor one, The Dude, Paessler IPCheck, Ipswitch WhatsUp, Axence nVision, CBR little:eye, LoriotPro, GFi NSM, SNMPc 7, CA NSM, ActiveXperts NM, Intellipool NM, MSC Operations Manager 2007)
Limitations of Local Lock use
Limitations when using HWg-SH2 & Local lock (Door release input) for opening the door:
- Using the DI input on SH2 to release doors enables you to use any kind of low cost reader (fingerprint or RFID) in any standard.
- When using the DI interface, the web interface of HWg-SH2 will show “Authorised person” as the name of the user who opened the door. (You will not see that “Mr. Black” opened the door, just that it was an “Authorised person”.)
- The SW system will never know who opened the door.
- User database is stored in this external reader. Users cannot be managed over IP.
- The HWg-SH2 enables you to control the locks over IP, and connect the locks to another system.
HWg-SH2: DataCenter Rack Access System
Various electronic locks
The swing handle locks are designed for cabinet access systems. For industrial applications, other locks can be used:
- Southco EM - E-Keeper Electronic Strike
- Southco R4-EM - Electronic Rotary Latch
- DIRAK E-LINE Swinghandle
- DIRAK electronic Swinghandle basic
- DIRAK E-BASIC plus
- EMKA LOCKAGENT E
- EMKA Invisible locking system