HWg-PWR 3/12/25 monitors energy consumption using standard external energy meters produced by well-known manufacturers. It is possible to mix electricity meters, water meters, gas meters etc. by different manufacturers. Depending on version, HWg-PWR supports 3, 12 or 25 external meters with the M-Bus interface (EN 13757).
HWg-PWR 3 / 12 / 25 – Energy monitoring gateway:
- Sends an alarm in the event of failure or value out of a specified range (E-mail, SNMP Trap, SMS)
- Logs selected values (displays graphs over the WEB interface)
- 8x Digital Inputs for detecting single-phase 110/230VAC outage
- Converts the consumption (e.g. from [kWh] to [€]) without a computer or additional software
- Periodically sends an energy consumption report for the given period as an e-mail attachment
- Actively uploads data to a “portal” using the HWg-Push protocol
Advantages of using third-party M-Bus meters
- Vast range of meters with the EN 13757 (M-Bus) interface to choose from. It is easy to use special-purpose meters (non-standard form factor or measured range, e.g. indirect electricity meters rated up to 1000 A).
- M-Bus meters frequently provide extended information (total consumption and immediate values, voltage at different phases, power factor, etc...).
- Values from certified meters can be used for billing purposes.