The HWg-PWR3/12/25 is a smart Ethernet gateway which captures data from up to 3 / 12 / 25 external meters on the M-Bus. With external M-Bus (EN 13757) meters it can be used for remote monitoring a metering of water, electricity, gas or heat consumption.
M-Bus data are available over Web (graphs), SNMP, Emails or Log files. The HWg-PWR3/12/25 alerts about abnormal values via Email or SMS which can be sent through a dedicated SMS Gateway HWg-SMS-GW3 in the same LAN.
A built-in web server is used for configuring. The device can be monitored remotely over the internet using the free SensDesk portal in combination with the SensDesk Mobile application for iOS and Android. It works with HWg-PDMS and HWg-Trigger.
HWg-PWR devices are designed to monitor external M-Bus meters over the network using M2M protocols (Modbus/TCP, SNMPv1, XML...). With support for over 50 SNMP and SCADA applications, HWg-PWR devices can be used as a standalone solution or incorporated in a wide range of monitoring and control systems.
- Connects 3 / 12 / 25 external meters equipped with the M-Bus (EN 13757-2) interface, can log 170.000 values (3 values every 15 minutes = 590 days).
- Converts the consumption (e.g. from [kWh] to a currency) without a need for computer or additional software.
- M2M communication protocols Modbus/TCP, SNMP and XML allow integration into more complex monitoring systems.
- Connected via LAN. Configuration via built-in web server.
- Sends an energy consumption report for user specified period as an e-mail attachment.
- Connected meter failure or out of specified range value sends an alert by e-mail, SMS or SNMP Trap.
- For Ring or SMS alarm use the HWg-Trigger software (external GSM modem required), or a HWg-SMS-GW3 gateway in the same LAN.
- With the HWg-PDMS software, logged data can be exported to MS Excel.
- Compatible with a range of third party SW (SCADA etc.). Examples for programmers on using the product are available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more).
- List of supported (tested) accessories/meters
- Remote monitoring of electricity meters in small server rooms and BTS
- Monitoring of energy consumption in rented premises
- Reading out energy consumption in remote or inaccessible areas
- Control over energy costs
- Checking for individual line overloads in three-phase wirings
- Checking for undervoltage in electric wirings
- Monitoring the flow of liquids
HWg-PWR 3/12/25 monitors energy consumption using standard external energy meters produced by well-known manufacturers. It is possible to mix electricity meters, water meters, gas meters etc. by different manufacturers. Depending on version, HWg-PWR supports 3, 12 or 25 external meters with the M-Bus interface (EN 13757).
HWg-PWR 3 / 12 / 25 – Energy monitoring gateway:
- Sends an alarm in the event of failure or value out of a specified range (E-mail, SNMP Trap, SMS)
- Logs selected values (displays graphs over the WEB interface)
- 8x Digital Inputs for detecting single-phase 110/230VAC outage
- Converts the consumption (e.g. from [kWh] to [€]) without a computer or additional software
- Periodically sends an energy consumption report for the given period as an e-mail attachment
- Actively uploads data to a “portal” using the HWg-Push protocol
Advantages of using third-party M-Bus meters
- Vast range of meters with the EN 13757 (M-Bus) interface to choose from. It is easy to use special-purpose meters (non-standard form factor or measured range, e.g. indirect electricity meters rated up to 1000 A).
- M-Bus meters frequently provide extended information (total consumption and immediate values, voltage at different phases, power factor, etc...).
- Values from certified meters can be used for billing purposes.