HWg-SMS-GW is a gateway that enables HW group products to send text message alarms. Send SMS alarms from all HW group products in your LAN. No software needed, works over a LAN at the Box-2-Box (Peer-to-Peer) level. Save administration costs and effort – use only a single SIM for all your devices.
HWg-SMS-GW: GSM gateway
- Use just a single SIM to send SMS alerts from all HW group products
- No software needed - Text message alarm can be sent directly from individual HW group devices in the LAN using the Box-2-Box (Peer-to-Peer) mode
- HWg-Trigger sends SMS alerts in case of failure of any HW group device in the network
- Take advantage of Nagios SMS alerts
- Remote SMS gateway for HWg devices.
IP sensors and other HW group products in the same LAN can send SMS alerts over HWg-SMS-GW LAN alert gateway. The alarm recipient's phone number is configured in the IP sensor where the alarm originates.
HWg-SMS-GW can be also used to send text messages from HW group software applications (HWg-Trigger, HWg-DCD and more).
A Nagios SMS alerts plugin is also available. HWg-SMS-GW confirms the receipt of the alarm SMS in its internal memory, no messages are lost. The communication protocol and examples are available in the HWg-SDK.
Simplify your system by using a single SIM card to send SMS alarms from all HW group products. However, we strongly discourage the use of pre-paid SIMs, it is recommended to use a regular post-paid plan.
- No software needed to send text message alerts, Box-2-Box mode works peer-to-peer over the LAN
- Web-based configuration
- Recipient's phone number is configured in the IP sensor device (software). One HWg-SMS-GW can send messages to dozens of different recipients.
- Supports a “SMS + Ring” function that dials a call to the sms alert recipient's number and lets it ring for a short time
- External antenna simplifies usage in a data center
- Quad-Band GSM modem works with GSM coverage anywhere in the world
- Examples for programmers on using the product are available in the HWg-SDK (Borland C++, MS Visual C, VB, C#, PHP, JAVA and more)
Sending SMS alerts from Poseidon units over the LAN
- The Box-2-Box mode (peer-to-peer over LAN) is used, no special software is needed
- HWg-SMS-GW contains a SIM card and sends text message alarms on behalf of three different IP sensor units
- Recipients' phone numbers (Mr. Blue, Mr. Yellow and Mr. Green) are configured in each IP sensor unit
- Together with the text message, it is also possible to call the recipient to let the phone ring
Product monitoring with HWg-Trigger
- HWg-Trigger monitors the function of other products (Poseidon 3266, HWg-STE Push, Damocles 1208, Poseidon 4002) over LAN
- If a product is inaccessible or fails, a SMS alert is sent using HWg-SMS-GW in the same LAN
- Recipients' phone numbers (Mr. Purple, Mr. Green) are configured in HWg-Trigger
- HWg-SMS-GW contains a SIM card and sends text message alarms to different phone numbers
Alerts to events: HWg-Trigger
HWg-Trigger software allows to react to events. For instance, “If the device at the address X does not work, do Y”. The software runs on Windows in the background and keeps checking the configured conditions.
- Monitors IP sensors in the LAN: sends a SMS if a sensor is disconnected
- Monitors IP sensors in the LAN: sends a SMS in case of device failure
- Monitors IP sensors in the LAN: sends a SMS in case of sensor value out of Safe Range
- 30-day trial version is free of charge
- Runs in the background as a Windows service (NT service)
Nagios SMS alerts
- Nagios NMS monitors other devices using SNMP
- In the Nagios system, a plugin enables SMS alerts over HWg-SMS-GW gateway
- The plugin configuration includes the phone numbers of text message alert recipients
- For details about obtaining and using the Nagios plugin, see the product manual
- The plugin was created in cooperation with Netways